Thursday, November 4, 2010

City Sound-Bites


Overheard in NYC
Mom and Dad Edition




Whiny Tween: Daddy, I just got hit in the eye.
Yuppie Dad: Oh! You did? Who hit you in the eye?
Whiny Tween: Mommy did.

-Prospect Heights



Mother to Small Child: If you eat two pieces of chicken, I'll give you a raisin.

-College Point Shopping Center


Father: You know I like ketchup on my hot dog.
Daughter: I do.
Father: Then why didn't you get me ketchup?
Daughter: Because I don't care for you.

-Metro-North Rail


Man to seven-year-old daughter: Hold onto the rail so you don't fall. Because if you do fall we're all going to laugh. We're gonna laugh so hard we'll shit our pants.

-N-Train


Little Girl with accent, pointing to a picture of a hot dog: Do you like dog?
Dad: No.
Little Girl: Why? Because it's a dog?

-Jackson Heighs


Mother of eight-year-old: I don't mind that my son is so into zombies, Jesus was a zombie technically. After all, it's a healthy way for him to find our religion.
Mother of ten-year-old: I never thought about it that way. (To son) - Joseph? Do you like zombies?

-1 Train


Mother, walking with two daughters: So what should we do now?
Little Girl #1: Let's trip old people.
Little Girl #2: I call mommy!

-Bayside


Kid on subway: Mom! That's a mad big window!
Mom: Honey? That's not proper English. You say: "That window is mad big."

-G-Train


Five-year-old girl: My favorite part of the movie was the naked man!
Mother: Mine too mama!
Five-year-old girl: Naked maaaaaaaaan!
Father: Make her stop.

-Park Ave and 25th Street


Boy in car: Where are we going?
Mom: Shopping.
Boy, pointing at the first store he sees on the street: Let's go to Dress Barn!
Mom: No!

-Rego Park

source: overheardinthecity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment