Sunday, August 8, 2010

City Sound-Bites`



Recently Heard in the City








Older woman on cell, screaming: There are no leaves on the floor. No! No fucking leaves on the floor. The fucking leaves are green and still in the trees. Did you hear me?



--7th Ave & W 18th





Four-year-old boy to father, at 17th century furniture room: This place gives me the creeps!



--Metropolitan Museum of Art





Boy to another: He said he had to go and get a colon autopsy!



--84th & 3rd





Girl #1: You're making me very mad.

Boy: Well, you're making me very sad.

Girl #2: Both of you shut the fuck up right now.



--Bard High School, Queens





Girl #1: Do you have any Vicodin?

Girl #2: Yes, but I am not sharing with you, because you would not give me any Valium when I asked.

Girl #1: Okay, here are the Vals, now give me the Vicodin.

Girl #2: Hey, don't take them with wine. Check the warning "alcohol may increase the effect."
Girl #1: Oh, I thought that was a serving suggestion.

--Iggy Pop Lecture, Times Center

No comments:

Post a Comment