Sound of the Week
Frightened Rabbit started as an Indie-Rock solo act in 2003 in Scotland. Eventually, Scott Hutchinson added more members to his band, starting with his brother Grant in 2004. By 2006, the band was fully-formed, as it is today, with 5 members. Their first US show was at SXSW in 2007, increasing their popularity over here. Their third album, The Winter of Mixed Drinks, was released earlier this year. They are known for their wildly energetic live shows.
- Their TV debut was on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon in May 2010.
- Frightened Rabbit was chosen personally by Belle & Sebastian to perform at their 2nd annual Bowlie Weekender Festival.
- Sonically, they are lush, uplifting pop.
- Similar-sounding bands include The Vaselines, The National, and The Clean.
- In November 2008 the band opened for Death Cab For Cutie.