Thursday, July 22, 2010

City Sound-Bites











Recently Heard in the City






Mom #1: Wow, it is such a beautiful day out. I really wish there was a park around here.


Mom #2: Yeah, they should get on that.


--83rd St & Madison Ave



Girl #1: So what's your background? What nationalities are you?


Girl #2: Oh, I'm just American. I'm Jewish, though.


--Chelsea Market




Blonde: There were three of them; they were twins.

--Lunasa Bar, East Village






Bimbette #1: Oh my god! I just realized my brother and I have the same last name!
Bimbette #2: Really?
Bimbette #1: Yeah, it never hit me before.

--BX10 Bus




Frazzled mother to young child: Hurry. Hurry. Look, the monster is going to get you if you don't walk faster!


--Queens Mall





Instructor: Those people outside are crazy, wearing big ol' leather boots in this kind of heat!


Student: Maybe they're from Texas?


Instructor: Nah, they looked pretty American to me.


--Beauty School, 35th & 8th





Husband in theater: Water? I never touch the stuff. Fish fuck in it.


Wife, looking around, embarrassed: Go on, honey. Have another beer.


--Shakespeare in the Park, Delacourte Theatre





Male NYU student: Yay, my mom's picking me up!


--NYU





Sobbing five-year-old girl to mom in CD section: I wanna download, I don't wanna waste my money.


--Borders, Columbus Circle





Barista to client: Today is the first day of summer, so it's the longest day of the year!


Client: Oh, yeah, how long is it exactly? Cashier: I dunno, like 27 hours or something.


--Starbucks



Frantic woman: Excuse me, is this the train to Manhattan?


--Penn Station





source: http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment