Sound of the Week
This three-man indie-rock band hails from Dalston, UK, and has been making hazy, lo-fi fuzz rock for 2 years. Their first full-legnth studio release Nothing Hurts came out this May. The only current bands out there I would sonically compare them to are the Dum Dum Girls and Surfer Blood. All of their songs are short and full of hooks, and, oh yeah, they Explode!
- Their first live show was a house party in 2008 called "Rage!"
- Members are Robin Christian (Drums), John Webb (Guitar, Vocals) and Kevin Hendrick (Bass, Vocals)
- In Christian's "Festival Survival Kit" are pajamas and acid.
- They have toured with Vivian Girls, No Age and Wavves.
- Other songs to check out are T.U.F.F. and Nothing Remains.
- All hold full-time jobs. As Christian explains it: "There really isn't any money in music at the level we're at."